(A) All dice and cards used in casino gaming shall be either canceled or destroyed. Dice and cards permanently removed from new inventory for any other reason also shall be canceled or destroyed.
(B) The cancellation or destruction of dice and cards shall take place in a secure place approved by the commission, and shall be performed in the presence of a member of the casino operator's security department.
(C) If a flawed, marked, or suspicious die or card is identified, cancellation or destruction shall be suspended and a commission gaming agent and the surveillance department shall be notified.
(D) Cancellation of dice and cards shall occur by drilling a circular hole of at least 3/16 of an inch in diameter through the center of each die or card or by other method documented in the internal controls and approved by the commission.
(E) Destruction of dice or cards shall occur by shredding.
(F) The casino operator's internal controls shall include procedures for cancellation and destruction of dice and cards including the following requirements:
(1) The licensed positions that may participate in the cancellation or destruction of dice or cards;
(2) Surveillance notification before cancellation or destruction of the dice or cards;
(3) Specifically how cancellation or destruction will be accomplished, including the use of any special equipment;
(4) How the dice and card ledgers will be updated as a result of the cancellation or destruction; and
(5) Any other applicable security measures required by the commission.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 04/29/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3772.03, 3772.033
Rule Amplifies: 3772.03, 3772.33
Prior Effective Dates: 05/19/2012, 12/21/2013, 09/26/2015