(A) A casino operator shall immediately notify the commission, in writing, if an individual on the voluntary exclusion list is found on the premises of a casino facility.
(B) Each casino facility must submit written internal controls plans for compliance with the voluntary exclusion program for commission approval on a schedule approved by the commission . These plans for compliance with the voluntary exclusion program, shall include at a minimum the following:
(1) Procedures to prevent employees from permitting an individual on the voluntary exclusion list from engaging in gambling activities at the casino facility;
(2) Procedures to identify and remove voluntarily excluded persons from the casino facility;
(3) Procedures to prevent an individual on the voluntary exclusion list from receiving any advertisement, promotion, or other direct marketing mailing fifteen days after receiving notice from the commission that the individual has been placed on the voluntary exclusion list;
(4) Procedures to prevent an individual on the voluntary exclusion list from having access to credit or from receiving complimentary services, check-cashing services, junket participation, and other benefits; and
(5) Procedures to ensure the confidentiality of the identity and the information of the voluntarily excluded individual.
(C) A casino operator, its employees, and agents shall:
(1) Exclude from the premises, refuse wagers from, and deny gaming privileges to any individual who the casino operator, its employees, or its agents knows or should have known to be a voluntarily excluded person;
(2) Cease all direct marketing efforts to a person participating in the voluntary exclusion program. A casino operator satisfies this requirement if the casino operator removes the individual's name from the list of patrons to whom direct marketing materials are sent, and the individual does not receive direct marketing materials more than fifteen days after the casino operator receives notice, under rule 3772-12-02 of the Administrative Code, that the individual has been placed on the voluntary exclusion list;
(3) Ensure that information about individuals on the voluntary exclusion list is not disclosed to any person beyond the disclosures that are authorized under rules 3772-12-02 and 3772-12-05 of the Administrative Code;
(4) Not cash the check of an individual participating in the voluntary exclusion program; and
(5) Not extend credit in any manner to an individual participating in the voluntary exclusion program.
(D) Nothing in this chapter shall prohibit a casino operator and its employees and agents from seeking payment of a debt from a voluntarily excluded person if the debt was accrued by the individual while his or her name was not on the voluntary exclusion list.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 10/14/2016 and 01/01/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3772.03
Rule Amplifies: 3772.01, 3772.03 , 3772.18
Prior Effective Dates: 04/01/2012