(A) Before an independent testing laboratory is certified by the commission, it shall undergo an investigation to determine its competency and qualifications to conduct testing under Chapter 3772. of the Revised Code and the rules adopted thereunder.
(B) The commission may obtain and use information gathered by another gaming jurisdiction in its decision to approve or deny certification of an independent testing laboratory.
(C) The background investigation may include, but is not limited to, a review of the following:
(1) The corporate structure including, but not limited to, ownership and controlling interests in the independent testing laboratory;
(2) The policies and procedures of the independent testing laboratory to determine if the policies and procedures prevent conflicts of interest, detect and prevent fraud, and guarantee impartiality;
(3) The experience and expertise of the staff used by the independent testing laboratory to conduct all tests required by the commission;
(4) The sufficiency of staff and equipment of the independent testing laboratory to conduct all required testing; and
(5) The financial viability of the independent testing laboratory to conduct all required testing.