(A) Unless otherwise authorized by the executive director, any person who wishes to address the commission at a meeting shall submit a written request to address the commission to the executive director at least five business days before the scheduled meeting.
(B) The written request shall contain, at a minimum, the following information:
(1) The name of the person wishing to address the commission;
(2) The person's representative, if applicable;
(3) The issue about which the person wishes to address the commission;
(4) The amount of time the person requests;
(5) The mailing and electronic mail addresses and telephone number at which the person may be reached.
(C) The person requesting an allotment of time shall submit to the executive director at least three business days before the commission meeting any documentation supporting the person's position and that the person wants the commission to review. The executive director may require the person to supplement the written request or to submit additional supporting documentation. The person submitting any documentation must submit ten copies of the documentation for distribution to the commission.
(D) The executive director may deny any request to address the commission if the person fails to comply with paragraph (A), (B), or (C) of this rule.
(E) The commission shall notify the person of the executive director's decision regarding the person's ability to address the commission.
(F) If the executive director denies a person's request to address the commission, the commissioners shall be informed of the request and the denial and may receive any written information submitted by the person to the commission.
(G) The executive director may waive the time requirements set forth in paragraphs (A) and (C) of this rule if one of the following circumstances exists:
(1) The executive director determines that the issue the person will discuss is of such import that it is in the best interest of the public to waive the time requirements;
(2) The timing of the announcement date of the meeting makes it impossible for the person requesting the ability to address the commission to meet the time requirements.
(H) The chairperson may impose such procedural and subject matter restrictions as deemed appropriate.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3772-2-04