(A) All electronic gaming equipment shall only be transported in accordance with this rule. All casino operators and gaming-related vendors must comply with this rule before any of the following occur:
(1) Electronic gaming equipment is transported from any point outside of this state into the state;
(2) Electronic gaming equipment is transported from any point within this state to any point outside of the state; or
(3) Electronic gaming equipment is transported within this state.
(B) Transportation notification under this rule is not required for the movement of electronic gaming equipment on the casino floor or within a casino facility.
(C) Electronic gaming equipment may not be delivered to a casino operator unless a member of the commission staff is present at point of delivery. The casino operator is responsible for ensuring that a member of the commission staff is present at the point of delivery.
(D) Prior to the transportation of any electronic gaming equipment into, out of, or within this state, the casino operator or gaming-related vendor shall first notify the executive director of the proposed shipment at least seven days in advance, unless a time is otherwise approved by the executive director. The notice shall include the following information:
(1) The full name and address of the person or persons shipping or moving the electronic gaming equipment;
(2) The full name and address of the person who owns the electronic gaming equipment, if different from the person(s) shipping or moving the electronic gaming equipment;
(3) The full name(s) and address(es) of any new owner(s) in the event ownership is being changed in conjunction with the shipment or movement;
(4) The method of shipment or movement and the name and address of the common carrier or carriers, if applicable;
(5) The full destination address for the electronic gaming equipment;
(6) The quantity of electronic gaming equipment being shipped to each location if more than one destination;
(7) The manufacturer's serial number of each piece of electronic gaming equipment;
(8) The expected date and time of delivery to any authorized location or to any port of entry or exit, if the origin or destination of the slot machine is outside the continental United States; and
(9) The reason for transporting or moving the electronic gaming equipment.
(E) The casino operator or gaming-related vendor shipping or moving any electronic gaming equipment shall provide to the common carrier or to the operator of the transporting conveyance, and the commission, documentation of shipment, of which at least one copy shall be kept with the electronic gaming equipment at all times during the shipment process, containing the following information:
(1) The manufacturer's serial number of the electronic gaming equipment being transported;
(2) The full name and address of the person from whom the electronic gaming equipment was obtained;
(3) The full name(s) and address(es) of the person(s) to whom the electronic gaming equipment is being sent; and
(4) The dates of shipment.
(F) An applicant prior to the shipment of any electronic gaming equipment into, within or out of this state shall have the prior written approval of the executive director or his/her authorized designee and shall comply with any conditions therein.
(G) Nothing in this rule shall prohibit the shipment of electronic gaming equipment going to different destinations from being transported by the same carrier simultaneously, provided each shipment is physically segregated in a manner approved by the commission and the notice required by this rule above clearly distinguishes which machines are being sent to each location.
(H) All EPROMs, compact flash cards, or other program storage device, which is defined as media or an electronic device that contains the critical control program components, shall be transported separately from the shipment of electronic gaming equipment and shall be transported in compliance with and in the same manner as electronic gaming equipment as set forth in this rule. If electronic gaming equipment is not being utilized by the casino operator and is being stored off of the casino floor, the EPROM, compact flash card or other program storage device shall be stored separately in a locked safe or the equivalent as approved by the commission.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/14/2014 and 06/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3772.03 , 3772.033
Rule Amplifies: 3772.03 , 3772.29
Prior Effective Dates: 04/01/2012, 12/22/2012