(A) Female boxing rules will follow all male rules, including all weight classes and glove sizes, with the following exceptions:
(1) All bouts shall be scheduled for no more than ten rounds with each round lasting two or three minutes, that will be approved by executive director or athletic commission. One minute rest between rounds.
(2) Female competitors shall use no facial cosmetics and have their hair secured with soft and non-abrasive materials.
(3) ) Female competitors must wear a short-sleeved (above the elbow) or sleeveless form-fitting rash guard and/or sports bra and a mouthpiece that are properly fitted. No loose-fitting tops are allowed. Female competitors will follow the same requirements for bottom coverings as the male competitors, minus the requirement for groin protection. These will be approved by the inspector.
(4) For each contest or exhibition in which she competes, consisting of a body shirt and shorts.
(5) A negative pregnancy test shall be provided prior to each bout.
(B) Upon the discretion of the commission, any of the rules in this chapter may be modified or amended.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 8/18/2017 and 11/18/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3773.34
Rule Amplifies: 3773.34
Prior Effective Dates: 8/18/83 (Emer), 11/16/83 (Emer), 8/19/84; 2/8/91; 9/20/05; 2/20/15