(A) Female boxing rules will follow all male rules, including all weight classes and glove sizes, with the following exceptions:
(1) All bouts shall be scheduled for no more than ten rounds with each round lasting two or three minutes, that will be approved by executive director or athletic commission. One minute rest between rounds.
(2) Female boxers shall use no facial cosmetics and have their hair secured with soft and non-abrasive materials.
(3) Female boxers shall wear breast protectors or sports bra and a mouthpiece that are properly fitted and approved by the inspector.
(4) For each contest or exhibition in which she competes, consisting of a body shirt and shorts.
(5) A negative pregnancy test shall be provided prior to each bout.
(B) Upon the discretion of the commission, any of the rules in this chapter may be modified or amended.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3773-2-03
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 06/18/2012 and 02/20/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3773.34
Rule Amplifies: 3773.34
Prior Effective Dates: 8/19/84, 2/18/91, 9/20/05