(A) In addition to all other required medical examinations an MRI or MRI/MRA examination must be submitted to the athletic commission office within seventy-two hours by a professional boxer who:
(1) Is thirty-five years or older.
(2) Has boxed in excess of three hundred fifty rounds of professional boxing since being licensed.
(3) Has been a previously licensed boxer and hasn't participated in the past thirty-six months.
(B) A boxer who is thirty-nine years old or older must submit in addition to all other required medical examinations the following:
(1) (MRI/MRA) brain examination.
(2) A stress echo cardiogram examination with cardiology clearance.
(3) Metabolic blood profile.
(4) A chest x-ray within two years.
(C) The above tests once completed will be reviewed by a qualified physician who will present their analysis to the commission. The commission will determine if a professional boxing license will be issued after carefully reviewing all the information.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/14/2011 and 01/01/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3773.34
Rule Amplifies: 3773.34 , 3773.45
Prior Effective Dates: 1/19/06, 6/16/06, 4/18/09, 1/16/10