(A) Mixed martial arts may be held in a cage or a fenced area.
A manufactured cage convert unit may be secured on a boxing ring if it conforms with the specifications and standards for a cage for mixed martial arts.
(B) The fenced or cage specifications for mixed martial arts must meet the following requirements:
(1) The fenced or cage area must be of circular type dimensions or have as many as eight equal sides;
(2) Two sides opposite of each other must each have a designated color, one side blue the opposite red;
(3) Must be no smaller than twenty feet wide and no larger than thirty-two feet across;
(4) The floor of the fenced area must be padded with ensolite or another similar closed-cell foam, with at least a one inch layer of foam padding, with a top covering of canvas, duck or similar material tightly stretched and laced to the platform of the fenced or cage area. Material that tends to gather in lumps or ridges must not be used;
(5) The platform of the fenced or cage area must not be more than four feet above the floor of the building and must have suitable steps for use of the contestants;
(6) Fence posts must be made of metal, not more than six inches in diameter, extending from the floor of the building to between five and seven feet above the floor of the fenced or cage area, and must be properly padded in a manner approved by the executive director, inspector or commission representative;
(7) The fencing used to enclose the fenced or cage area must be made of a material that will prevent a contestant from falling out or breaking through the fenced or cage area onto the floor of the building or onto spectators, including, without limitation, chain link fence coated with vinyl;
(8) Any metal portion on the interior of the fenced or cage area must be covered and padded in a manner approved by the executive director, inspector or commission representative and must not be abrasive to the contestants;
(9) The fenced or cage area may have one or two entrances. The entranced must be padded or cover and padded so that is no exposed metal on the interior of the fence or caged area;
(10) There must not be any obstruction on any part of the fence surrounding the area in which the contestants are competing;
(11) Any metal parts used to enforce the fenced or caged area wall must be positioned as to not interfere with the safety of the contestants;
(C) The executive director or commission may request a promoter of a mixed martial arts contests to place at least two video screens which meet the approval of the executive director or commission, which will allow patrons to view action inside the fenced or caged area.
(D) A promoter may request that a ring be used which must meet the standards approved by the executive director or commission.