(A) Professional bouts will be three rounds of five minutes each with a one minute rest period that includes a ten second warning signal.
(B) Championship bouts will be five rounds of five minutes each with a one minute rest period that includes a ten second warning signal.
(C) Amateur bouts will be three rounds of three minutes each with a ninety second rest period that includes a ten second warning signal.
(D) A minimum number of twenty four rounds and eight bouts must be scheduled. The executive director or commission may grant a waiver of bouts.
(E) "Pro/Am" events, there must be a minimum of eight scheduled bouts. The combination of three professional bouts and five amateur bouts or five professional bouts and three amateur bouts. All events must start with the amateur bouts and they must be in succession. Professional bouts will follow amateur bouts no intermixing bouts. The executive director or commission may grant a waiver of bouts.
(F) Kickboxing/boxing event combination:
(1) Bouts must be either all professional or all amateur, no pro/am events.
(2) Minimum of seven bouts: four kickboxing and three boxing or three kickboxing and four boxing.
(3) Boxing bouts must be a minimum of four scheduled rounds.
(4) Kickboxing bouts must be a minimum of three scheduled rounds.
(5) Weight classes for kickboxing are the same as those used in boxing unless waived by commission. .
(6) All bouts must be conducted in a ring.
(7) No intermixing bouts. All kickboxing followed by all boxing bouts or all boxing bouts followed by all kickboxing bouts.
(G) Kickboxing event:
(1) Minimum of six bouts and eighteen rounds.
(2) Pro/am must have two professional bouts and five amateur bouts. All amateur bouts must occur followed by all professional bouts.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/14/2011 and 01/01/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3773.34
Rule Amplifies: 3773.34 , 3773.45
Prior Effective Dates: 6/16/06, 3/20/07, 1/17/08, 4/18/09