(A) A licensed processor shall dispose of undesired, excess, unauthorized, obsolete, adulterated, or deteriorated medical marijuana waste
in accordance with the processor's disposal plan under the supervision of a type 1 employee, as defined in paragraph (H) of rule 3796:5-2-01 of the Administrative Code, and in such a manner as to render the medical marijuana waste unusable.
(B) The disposal procedures established by the processor and submitted as part of the application process shall be sufficient to render the medical marijuana waste unusable. Medical marijuana waste that is rendered unusable shall be discarded into a locked dumpster or other approved, locked container for removal from the facility by a waste removal company selected by the processor. Medical marijuana waste shall be rendered unusable by grinding and incorporating the medical marijuana waste with one or more of the non-consumable, solid wastes listed below, such that the resulting mixture is at least fifty-one per cent non-marijuana waste:
(1) Paper waste;
(2) Cardboard waste;
(3) Food waste;
(4) Yard waste;
(5) Soil or other growth media;
(6) Other wastes approved by the department.
(C) The disposal of medical marijuana or medical marijuana products shall be performed by a type 1 employee in the designated destruction area identified in the processor's plans and specifications submitted to the department. The disposal shall be performed under video surveillance from the time the destruction begins to when it is placed in a locked dumpster or other approved, locked container and removed from the facility.
(D) The type 1 employee overseeing the disposal of medical marijuana shall maintain and make available in accordance with this chapter a separate record of every disposal indicating:
(1) The date and time of disposal;
(2) The manner of disposal;
(3) The volume and weight of approved solid waste used to render the medical marijuana waste unusable;
(4) The reasoning for and description of the disposal;
(5) The signature of the type 1 employee overseeing the disposal of the medical marijuana;
(6) The batch number or numbers, volume, and weight of any medical marijuana extract or plant material being disposed of; and
(7) The lot number, registered product name, volume, weight, and unit count of any medical marijuana products being disposed of.
(E) The disposal of other waste from the processor that does not include medical marijuana, including hazardous waste and liquid waste, shall be performed in a manner consistent with federal and state law.