(A) Notice of meetings Any person may obtain the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings of the health care coverage and quality council, its committees, and subcommittees, and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Writing to the office of the executive director of the council at its business address, "50 West Town Street c/o Ohio Department of Insurance, 3rd floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215", or by electronic means;
(2) Calling the council at its business office at (614) 645-9540 during normal business hours; or
(B) Notification of news media
A representative of the news media may obtain notice of the time, place and purpose of all special meetings of the council, its committees or its subcommittees by requesting in writing that such notice be provided. Notice to a publication or radio or television station will be limited to one representative.
(1) The request must provide the name of the person to be contacted, mailing address, a maximum of two telephone numbers, and the person's electronic address.
(2) The council shall maintain a list of all news media representatives requesting notice of special meetings.
(3) If notification of special meetings has been requested, it shall be provided to news media representatives by mail, telephone or electronic means at least twenty-four hours prior to a special meeting. Notice of special meetings of an emergency nature shall be provided to news media representatives by telephone or electronic means as soon as possible.
(C) Request for notice of specific type of business to be discussed
Any person may obtain reasonable advance notice of all meetings at which any specific type of public business is to be discussed by requesting that such notice be provided. This request shall be made, in writing, to the council at its business or electronic address and shall include the name of the individual to be notified, mailing address, electronic address, a maximum of two telephone numbers at which the person can be reached or a message left, the time period which the request covers, and the specific type of public business for which notification is requested.
(D) Posting of notice
The council shall send notice by mail or electronic mail at least four days before each regularly scheduled meeting or committee meeting. Notice of special meetings will be given by telephone or electronic mail at least twenty-four hours in advance of the meeting. In the case of an emergency meeting, notice will be given as soon as possible.
(E) Notice by mail
A request for notice by mail shall be accompanied by a sufficient number of stamped self-addressed business size envelopes to cover the meetings during the time period covered by the request. The person making the request shall keep the supply of postage-paid envelopes replenished as a condition to receiving notification in this manner.
(F) Completion of notice
Notice given by mail shall be complete upon mailing. Notice given by telephone shall be complete upon leaving a message containing the meeting information or if after reasonable effort the council has been unable to leave a message. Notice given by electronic means shall be complete once sent without receiving notice that the message was undeliverable.