The purpose of this rule is to establish the fees to be charged for certain services and transactions for the pre-licensing and the continuing education programs.
(C) All fees in this rule are non-refundable and non-transferable
(D) Continuing education provider and course initial and renewal application fees
(1) Every continuing education provider shall pay the fee established in paragraph (D)(2) of this rule. The fee is due with the submission of the provider application. Course fees, where applicable, shall be submitted with the course application.
(2) The applicant shall select one of the fee options listed below. If the status of the provider changes during the year and a different fee is due, the new fee will be in addition to the previous payments with no credit for the prior payments.
(a) Flat fee provider. The fee is one thousand dollars per year, which covers the provider application fee and course application fees for all course applications submitted during the calendar year.
(b) Individual fee provider. The fee is one hundred dollars for submission of the provider application, plus forty dollars for each course application.
(c) Limited fee provider. The fee is twenty-five dollars for submission of the provider application, plus twenty-five dollars for each course application. A provider electing this status is limited to offering no more than three courses of no more than three credit hours each, during the calendar year.
(E) Continuing education agent participation fee
(1) Provider's filing of course roster, listing of all licensees enrolled for continuing education credit one dollar per agent/per course approved credit hour.
(2) Licensee's filing of publication or author of written material continuing education credit one dollar per approved credit hour.
(F) Pre-licensing education provider, course and instructor initial and renewal application fees
(1) Provider application fee is one hundred dollars.
(2) Provider's course application fees:
(a) Fee for each course application is two hundred dollars.
(b) Fee for each subject matter category requested on the course application is twenty-five dollars.
(3) Instructor application fee is twenty-five dollars.
(G) Miscellaneous fees
Processing fee as a result of submitting any check, money order or other instrument which is returned to the superintendent for insufficient funds, account closed or for any other reason is thirty dollars. The superintendent may require a certified check from any agent or provider whose check has been dishonored.
If any paragraph, term or provision of this rule is adjudged invalid for any reason, the judgment shall not affect, impair or invalidate any other paragraph, term or provision of this rule, but the remaining paragraphs, terms and provisions shall be and continue in full force and effect.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 08/26/2014 and 08/26/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3901.041 , 3901.043 , 3905.481 to 3905.486
Rule Amplifies: 3905.485
Prior Effective Dates: 12/31/1993, 9/22/2005, 1/1/2011