(A) The operator shall report any known serious injuries or deaths that result from a reportable tramway incident. A "Serious Injury" is defined as one in which the passenger sustains injury which requires transport to a hospital or emergency care facility. A "Reportable Tramway Incident" is:
(1) A deropement regardless of whether or not the tramway is evacuated.
(2) Any evacuation other than by prime mover or auxiliary power, regardless of cause.
(3) Any fire involving tramway equipment or structures.
(4) Failure of any electrical or mechanical component which results in a loss of control of the tramway; any one of the following six conditions shall be considered a loss of control:
(a) Tramway will not slow down when given the command to do so.
(b) Tramway will not stop when given the command to do so.
(c) Tramway operates over speeds beyond control settings and/or maximum design speed.
(d) Tramway accelerates faster than normal design acceleration.
(e) Tramway self starts or self accelerates without the command to do so.
(f) Tramway reverses direction unintentionally and without the command to do so.
(5) Any wire rope damage as defined in "ANSI B 77.1 -2006," section Annex A, A. 4.1.
(6) Structural failure of any component that affects the integrity of the tramway including but not limited to:
(a) Terminal structure;
(b) Bull wheel;
(c) Brake system;
(d) Tower structure;
(e) Sheave, axle or sheave assembly;
(g) Grip; and/or;
(h) Conveyor; moving elements, drums, rollers and support assemblies.
(7) Any incident in which a passenger falls more than five feet from a chair.
(B) The report to the board shall be by telephone to the division of industrial compliance, 614-644-2223, within twenty-four hours of the reportable tramway incident or the next business day if the incident occurs on a weekend or holiday and within five days by written report. Both reports shall contain the following information:
(1) Name or identification of and/or registration number of the tramway involved.
(2) Date, time, and location of the incident.
(3) Name, address, and phone number of the injured passenger.
(4) Type of injury.
(5) Description of the tramway accident.
(6) Possible cause of the accident, if known.
(7) Description of any corrective action by the operator.
(8) The written report shall also contain the date, time, and person to whom the verbal report was given.