(A) The administrative section must approve a training agency before that agency may submit requests to the appropriate specialty section to conduct continuing education courses for individuals holding a contractor's license pursuant to Chapter 4740. of the Revised Code.
(B) A training agency shall apply to the administrative section on a form prescribed and furnished by the administrative section with the required fee as set forth in paragraph (B)(3) of rule 4101:16-1-11 of the Administrative Code. The training agency shall provide the following information to the administrative section on the application form prescribed by the administrative section no later than the tenth of each month unless the tenth falls on a Saturday, Sunday or a holiday then such application shall be submitted no later than the next business day. If the training agency fails to submit its application as set forth in this rule, the administrative section may not consider such application at its next regular scheduled meeting.
(1) Name, address, e-mail address and facsimile and telephone number of the training agency;
(2) Name, address, email address and facsimile and telephone number of the owner(s) of the training agency;
(3) Information on whether the owner of the training agency is a local or state inspector and whether the owner's participation would create a conflict of interest as opined by the Ohio ethics commission advisory opinion 98-005;
(4) A description of the purpose of the agency;
(5) Name of the education coordinator;
(6) Information of the accreditation of the training agency;
(7) Policy regarding attendance and procedure for record keeping of attendance;
(8) Acknowledgement that the training agency will adhere to specialty section rules, procedures, and standards as set forth in this rule or rules 4101:16-2-01, 4101:16-2-02, and 4101:16-2-04 of the Administrative Code; and
(9) Any other information that the administrative section deems necessary.
(C) The administrative section or the board's secretary shall maintain a current listing of all approved training agencies that provide continuing education for applicable specialty contractors.
(D) The administrative section shall notify the training agency of its approval or disapproval of the training agency's application within ten business days after the administrative section has reviewed the application.
(E) A training agency is approved for a period of one year.
(F) An approved training agency shall pay the annual fees required pursuant to section 4740.04 of the Revised Code and paragraphs (B)(1) and (B)(2) of rule 4101:16-1-11 of the Administrative Code. Such fees shall be submitted to the board's secretary with the attendance reports.
(G) A training agency shall file its renewal application for approval not more than sixty days nor less than thirty days prior to the expiration of the previous approval.
(H) No training agency shall advertise or otherwise notify any licensee that a course of study or program of instruction has been approved by the appropriate specialty section until such course or program has been approved. Any advertisement or notification to licensees shall specifically state the appropriate specialty section that has approved the course of study or program of instruction.
(I) Any training agency that fails to comply with this rule or rules 4101:16-2-01, 4101:16-2-02, and 4101:16-2-04 of the Administrative Code may be disapproved or not renewed. Any training that has been disapproved or not renewed may appeal the administrative section's decision pursuant to Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/01/2010
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4740.05
Rule Amplifies: 4740.05
Prior Effective Dates: 08/01/93, 09/04/98, 03/24/03, 02/09/04, 04/01/05