(A) The following occupations are prohibited for minors under eighteen years of age unless exempt below.
(1) The occupations of operator of or helper on the following power-driven metal forming, punching, and shearing machines:
(a) All rolling machines, such as beading, straightening, corrugating, flanging, or bending rolls, and hot or cold rolling mills.
(b) All pressing or punching machines, such as punch pressers, except those provided with full automatic feed and ejection and with a fixed barrier guard to prevent the hands or fingers of the operator from entering the area between the dies; power presses, and plate punches.
(c) All bending machines, such as apron brakes and press brakes.
(d) All hammering machines, such as drop hammers and power hammers.
(e) All shearing machines, such as guillotine or squaring shears, alligator shears, and rotary shears.
(2) The occupations of setting up, adjusting, repairing, oiling, or cleaning these machines including those with automatic feed and ejection.
(1) The term "operator" shall mean a person who operates a machine covered by this rule by performing such functions as starting or stopping the machine, placing materials into or removing them from the machine or any other functions directly involved in operation of the machine.
(2) The term "helper" shall mean a person who assists in the operation of a machine covered by this rule by helping place materials into or remove them from the machine.
(3) The term "forming, punching, and shearing machines" shall mean power-driven metal-working machines, other than machine tools, such as dies, rolls, or knives which are mounted on rams, plungers, or other moving parts. Types of forming, punching, and shearing machines enumerated in this section are the machines to which the designation is by custom applied.
This rule does not apply to machine tools which are defined as "power-driven" complete metal-working machines having one or more tool- or work-holding devices, and used for progressively removing metal in the form of chips.
(1) Milling function machines
Horizontal milling machines
Vertical milling machines
Universal milling machines
Planer-type milling machines
Gear hobbing machines
(2) Turning function machines
Hollow spindle lathes
Automatic screw machines
(3) Planing function machines
Planers Shapers Slotters Broaches Keycasters Hack saws
(4) Grinding function machines
(5) Boring function machines
Vertical boring mills
Horizontal boring mills
Drill press, etc.