(A) The following occupations are prohibited for minors under eighteen years of age unless exempt below.
(1) The occupations of operator of or helper on the following power-driven fixed or portable machines except for machines equipped with full automatic feed and ejection:
(a) Circular saws
(b) Band saws
(c) Guillotine shears
(2) The occupations of setting up, adjusting, repairing, oiling, or cleaning circular saws, band saws, and guillotine shears.
(1) The term "operator" shall mean a person who operates a machine covered by this rule by performing such functions as starting or stopping the machine, placing materials into or removing them from the machine, or any other functions directly involved in operation of the machine.
(2) The term "helper" shall mean a person who assists in the operation of a machine covered by this rule by helping place materials into or remove them from the machine.
(3) The term "machine equipped with full automatic feed and ejection" shall mean machines covered by this rule which are equipped with devices for full automatic feeding and ejection and with a fixed barrier guard to prevent completely the operator or helper from placing any part of his body in the point-of-operation area.
(4) The term "circular saw" shall mean a machine equipped with a thin steel disc having a continuous series of notches or teeth on the periphery, mounted on shafting and used for sawing materials.
(5) The term "band saw" shall mean a machine equipped with an endless steel band having a continuous series of notches or teeth, running over wheels or pulleys, and used for sawing materials.
(6) The term "guillotine shear" shall mean a machine equipped with a movable blade operated vertically and used to shear materials. The term shall not include other tyes of shearing machines, using a different form of shearing action, such as alligator shears or circular shears.