(A) After an appropriate specialty section approves the results of the examinations pursuant to rule 4101:16-2-02 of the Administrative Code, the section shall, within thirty days of the date of examination, authorize the administrative section to issue a license to each individual that passed the examination.
(B) The administrative section, upon receipt of the following, may issue a license to each designated and authorized applicant:
(1) Authorization from the appropriate specialty section to issue a license pursuant to paragraph (A) of this rule;
(2) Receipt of the appropriate fee;
(3) Certification by the applicant that the required issuance is maintained pursuant to rule 4101:16-2-09 of the Administrative Code; and
(4) Receipt of a completed criminal records check performed pursuant to rule 4101:16-2-02 of the Administrative Code. The issuance of a license by the administrative section is contingent upon the Ohio construction industry licensing board having determined, in its discretion, whether the result of the criminal records check makes the applicant ineligible for a license.
(C) The contractor license issued to an applicant that successfully passed the examination shall contain the following information:
(1) Date of expiration of the license;
(2) Signatures of the chairperson of the administrative section and secretary of the board;
(3) A license number assigned only to the licensee;
(4) The name of the licensee and if assigned to a business, the name of the company to which the license is assigned; and
(5) The type of specialty license.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 09/10/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4740.04, 4740.09, 4740.15
Rule Amplifies: 4740.03, 4740.04, 4740.06, 4740.08, 4740.09, 4740.15
Prior Effective Dates: 01/01/2009