(A) The appropriate specialty section upon receipt of a completed application shall renew a license if the person holding a valid license renews such license in accordance with rule 4101:16-1-10 of the Ohio Administrative Code and the licensee demonstrates that the licensee continues to meet the qualifications set forth in section 4740.06(B) of the Ohio revised code and if the licensee meets all the following renewal requirements:
(1) Provides evidence that the licensee has maintained at least five hundred thousand dollars in contractor liability insurance;
(2) Pays the renewal fee as set forth in rule 4101:16-1-11 of the Administrative Code; and
(3) Complies with the continuing education requirements as set forth in rule 4101:16-2-01 of the Administrative Code. If the licensee fails to meet the renewal requirements, the license shall automatically be suspended without the taking of any action by the appropriate specialty section or the board's secretary. A suspended license may be reactivated upon application within one calendar year and approval of the appropriate section from the expiration date of the license, provided that the renewal fee plus a late fee, proof of insurance and completion of the required ten hours of continuing education is completed within the time frame pursuant to rule 4101:16-3-06(B). Failure to reactivate the license as provided in this rule shall result in automatic revocation of the license without the taking of any action by the appropriate section or the board secretary.
(B) Within one calendar year after the expiration of the specialty contractor's license, a A licensee who fails to timely renew his/her license may file an application for a late renewal to the appropriate specialty section. The appropriate specialty section may allow a licensee to renew late if the licensee demonstrates that the licensee continues to meet the requirements of section 4740.06(B) of the Ohio revised code and complies with all of the following:
(1) Pays the renewal fee and any late fee assessed pursuant to rule 4101:16-1-11 of the Administrative Code;
(2) Provides evidence of at least five hundred thousand dollars in contractor liability insurance;
(3) Complies with the continuing education requirements as set forth in rule 4101:16-2-01 of Administrative Code; and
(4) Complies with the time frame set by the appropriate specialty section. If the specialty sections grants a late renewal, the license will not become valid until the licensee has complied with the terms and conditions established by the appropriate specialty section.
(C) If the appropriate specialty section denies the renewal or late renewal request of a licensee under Chapter 4740. of the Revised Code, the appropriate specialty section shall notify the person in writing and such notification shall state that the person may request an adjudication hearing pursuant to rule 4101:16-4-04 of the Administrative Code and section 119.07 of the Revised Code.