(A) The following occupations involved in the operation of power-driven woodworking machines are prohibited for minors under eighteen years of age unless exempt below.
(1) The occupation of operating power-driven woodworking machines including supervising or controlling the operation of such machines, feeding material into such machines, and helping the operator to feed material into such machines, but not including the placing of material on a moving chain or in a hopper or slide for automatic feeding.
(2) The occupations of setting up, adjusting, repairing, oiling, or cleaning power-driven woodworking machines.
(3) The operations of off-bearing from circular saws and from guillotine-action veneer clippers.
(1) The term "power-driven woodworking machines" shall mean all fixed or portable machines or tools driven by power and used or designed for cutting, shaping, forming, surfacing, nailing, stapling, wire stitching, fastening, or otherwise assembling, pressing, or printing wood or veneer.
(2) The term "off-bearing" shall mean the removal of material or refuse directly from a saw table or from the point of operation. Operations not considered as off-bearing within the intent of this section include: (a) the removal of material or refuse from a circular saw or guillotine-action veneer clipper where the material or refuse has been conveyed away from the saw table or point of operation by a gravity chute or by some mechanical means such as a moving belt of expulsion roller; and (b) the following operations when they do not involve the removal of material or refuse directly from a saw table or from a point of operation: the carrying, moving or transporting of materials from one machine to another or from one part of a plant to another, the piling, stacking, or arranging of materials for feeding into a machine by another person, and the sorting, tying, bundling, or loading of material.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/04/2003 and 11/04/2008
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4109.05
Rule Amplifies: 4109.05
Prior Effective Dates: 4/17/1979