(A) This rule is adopted in compliance with, and under the authority of, division (F) of section 121.22 of the revised code,
(B) Any person may request a regular meeting schedule identifying the time, and place of meetings of the committee by:
(1) Writing to: "Executive Director, state use committee, Ohio Department of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities (ODMR/DD), 30 East Broad Street, Suite 1240 Columbus, Ohio 43215."
(2) Reviewing the bulletin board located at ODMR/DD, 30 East Broad Street, 12th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43266-0415.
(C) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting in writing that such notice be provided. Such notice will be given, however, to only one representative of any particular publication or radio or television station. A request for such notification shall be addressed to: "Executive Director, state use committee, ODMR/DD, 30 East Broad Street, Suite 1240, Columbus, Ohio 43215."
(1) The request shall provide the name of the individual media representative to be contacted, the mailing address, and a maximum of two telephone numbers where the individual can be reached. The committee shall maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who have requested notice of special meetings pursuant to paragraph (c) of this rule.
(2) In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the committee shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by doing the following:
Notifying such representatives by telephone no less than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting; such telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the representative, or if, after reasonable effort, the committee has been unable to provide such telephone notice.
(3) In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature, the committee shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by providing the notice described in paragraph (c) (2) of this rule. In such event, however, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given as soon as possible.
(4) In giving the notice required by section 119.03 of the Revised Code, the committee may rely on assistance provided by any member of the committee and any such notice is complete if given by such member in the manner provided in this rule.
(D) The committee shall maintain a list of all persons who have requested, in writing, notice of all meetings of the committee at which specific subject matters designated by such persons are scheduled to be discussed. Any person may, upon payment of an annual fee in the amount of ten dollars, have his name placed on such list. The committee shall, no later than ten days prior to each meeting, send by first-class mail on agenda of the meeting to such persons.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/07/2003 and 04/07/2008
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Prior Effective Dates: 9/29/77, 10/9/97