(A) To qualify for participation under the state use program, a qualified nonprofit agency shall complete and submit to the executive director of the committee a notarized certification application provided by the committee attesting that the applicant:
(2) Has obtained an Internal Revenue Service certificate indicating that the corporation has been accepted as a nonprofit agency for taxation purposes.
(3) Operates in the interest of persons with severe disabilities, and that no part of its income inures to the benefit of any shareholder or other individual.
(4) Is certified as a sheltered workshop or work activity center by the wage and hour division of the United States department of labor, if applicable.
(5) Complies with applicable occupational health and safety standards required by the laws of the United States or of this state.
(6) In the manufacturing of products and in the provision of services, whether or not procured under the state use program, employs during the fiscal year of commodity production or service provision, persons with severe disabilities at a quota of not less than seventy-five per cent of the total man-hours of direct labor on all production, whether or not governmental related.
(7) Has an ongoing placement program which includes at least pre-admission evaluation and annual review to determine each persons capability for competitive employment and maintains a liaison with appropriate community services for the placement in such employment of any of its workers who may qualify for such placement.
(B) The committee shall review the notarized certification application and, if acceptable, notify the qualified nonprofit agency of its eligibility to participate in the state use program.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/07/2003 and 04/07/2008
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4115.33
Prior Effective Dates: 9/29/77, 10/9/97