(A) Authorizations for representation shall be in writing and signed by the authorizing party. When the authorization is on behalf of the injured worker, there shall be a separate authorization filed with the bureau for each claim to which the authorization is to extend, and the authorization shall be made a part of the claim file. When the authorization is on behalf of the employer, a blanket authorization may be filed with the claims section in Columbus or with the local district office.
Whenever an employer has two representatives, one for actuarial purposes and another for hearings, there must be a specific designation which representative is to be given notice of hearing.
(B) An authorization may be cancelled by the filing of a notice to that effect with the bureau or by filing a new authorization by another representative. In either event, the party should notify the former representative of the party's action.
(C) The inspection of claim files shall be limited to:
(1) The parties or their duly authorized representatives as outlined in paragraphs (A) and (B) of this rule;
(2) Any other person authorized, in writing, by either the injured worker or the employer; such authorization having been executed within one year prior to its use.
(3) Members of the general assembly when in the course of their duties as such, acting under authorization from an injured worker or employer.
(4) The governor, a select committee of the general assembly, a standing committee of the general assembly, the auditor of state, the attorney general, or their designee, in the pursuance of any duty imposed by Chapters 4121. and 4123. of the Revised Code;
(5) Duly authorized employees of governmental agencies whose official duties, by law, require the information contained in the claim files;
(6) Such other persons as are specifically authorized by a member of the commission or the administrator pursuant to the provisions of section 4123.88 of the Revised Code.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 04/06/2016 and 02/01/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4121.03, 4121.30, 4121.31
Rule Amplifies: 4123.27, 4123.88
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/1964, 3/1/1984, 7/1/2011