(1) No employee shall be required to work under molds suspended from cranes.
(2) All molding machines shall be equipped with two-hand controls or equivalent protective devices for each employee assigned to the machine.
(3) Automatic molding machines which go through a complete cycle without an operator shall be guarded.
(4) Where the clearance between the mold conveyor and any fixed or portable object is less than eighteen inches, the space or clearance shall be blocked to prevent passage.
(5) When a molding machine is to be repaired, all energy sources shall be shut off, locked out, and any pressure bled from the machine.
(1) The surfaces of all core boxes used in bench work shall be smooth and free from splinters or sharp edges.
(2) Automatic or semi-automatic core blowing machines shall be guarded.
(3) When a core machine is to be repaired, all energy sources shall be shut off, locked out, and any pressure bled from the machine.
(4) Walk-in ovens shall be provided with a means of escape from the inside, such as emergency exit doors, kickout panel or plate, duplicate opening mechanism, etc.
(5) In batch ovens, sufficient space shall be provided to allow unobstructed access for employees or machine loading.
(6) Batch ovens having vertically sliding doors shall be provided with devices which keep the door in the raised position.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4121.12 , 4121.121 , 4121.13 , Const. Art. II, Sec. 35
Rule Amplifies: 4121.13
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/81