Chapter 4123-1 Notice Procedure
(A) When the bureau of worker's compensation intends to consider the adoption, amendment, or rescission of a rule or rules under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, the bureau shall obtain the advice and consent of the bureau of workers' compensation board of directors as required by section 4121.12 of the Revised Code. Upon the advice and consent of the board, the bureau shall cause to be prepared a notice of hearing, which shall include:
(1) A statement of the intention of the bureau to consider adopting, amending or rescinding a rule or rules.
(2) A synopsis of the proposed rule or rules to be adopted, amended or rescinded, or a general statement of the subject matter to which such rule or rules relates.
(3) A statement of the reason or purpose for adopting, amending or rescinding the rule.
(4) A statement listing the offices (with addresses) where the full and complete text of the proposed rule or rules to be adopted, amended or rescinded is on file for public inspection.
(5) The date, time and place of a public hearing on the proposed action.
(B) The bureau shall cause the previously described notice of hearing to be published in the register of Ohio. The publication of said notice of hearing shall be made at least thirty days prior to the date of the public hearing.
(C) In addition to publication of the public notice as provided in paragraph (B) of this rule, notice of the bureau's intent to consider adoption, amendment, or rescission of any rule pursuant to section 119.03 of the Revised Code shall be posted at all bureau service offices and shall be published at the bureau's website.
(D) The bureau shall furnish the public notice required under section 119.03 of the Revised Code and as described in paragraph (A) of this rule to any person who requests it and pays a reasonable fee, not to exceed the cost of copying and mailing.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4121.12, 4121.121, 4121.30, 4121.31, 4123.05
Rule Amplifies: 119.03 , 4121.121
Prior Effective Dates: 12/30/76, 1/16/78, 12/5/97, 10/14/02, 9/22/08
(A) All business transactions of the workers' compensation board shall be conducted at public meetings in accordance with section 121.22 of the Revised Code. A schedule of meetings of the board shall be published in the various newsletters and publications of the bureau of workers' compensation which shall be available to the public. The schedule of meetings shall also be made available to any citizen, group, or organization interested in attending the board meetings in accordance with section 121.22 of the Revised Code.
(B) Any person may determine the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Contacting the bureau of workers' compensation communications department by phone, mail or electronic means, or
(2) Consulting the Ohio bureau of workers' compensation website.
(C) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting in writing that such notice be provided. A request for such notification shall be addressed to the bureau of workers' compensation communications department.
(1) The request shall provide the name of the individual media representative to be contacted, the individual's mailing address, and a telephone number where the individual can be reached. The bureau shall maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who have requested notice of special meetings pursuant to this section.
(2) In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the bureau shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by written notice or telephone at least twenty-four hours in advance.
(3) In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature, the bureau shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by telephone or by notifying the clerk of the state house press room. In such event, however, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given as soon as possible.
(D) The bureau shall maintain a list of all persons who have requested, in writing, notice of all meetings of the board at which specific subject matters designated by such persons are scheduled to be discussed. Any person may be included on such list.