(A) All business transactions of the workers' compensation board shall be conducted at public meetings in accordance with section 121.22 of the Revised Code. A schedule of meetings of the board shall be published in the various newsletters and publications of the bureau of workers' compensation which shall be available to the public. The schedule of meetings shall also be made available to any citizen, group, or organization interested in attending the board meetings in accordance with section 121.22 of the Revised Code.
(B) Any person may determine the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Contacting the bureau of workers' compensation communications department by phone, mail or electronic means, or
(2) Consulting the Ohio bureau of workers' compensation website.
(C) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting in writing that such notice be provided. A request for such notification shall be addressed to the bureau of workers' compensation communications department.
(1) The request shall provide the name of the individual media representative to be contacted, the individual's mailing address, and a telephone number where the individual can be reached. The bureau shall maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who have requested notice of special meetings pursuant to this section.
(2) In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the bureau shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by written notice or telephone at least twenty-four hours in advance.
(3) In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature, the bureau shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by telephone or by notifying the clerk of the state house press room. In such event, however, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given as soon as possible.
(D) The bureau shall maintain a list of all persons who have requested, in writing, notice of all meetings of the board at which specific subject matters designated by such persons are scheduled to be discussed. Any person may be included on such list.