The following services and supplies are never covered by, and shall not be authorized or reimbursed by, the bureau or MCO:
(A) Services and supplies that are never covered pursuant to other bureau statutes or rules.
(B) The following services and supplies, which are never considered to be durable medical equipment by the bureau:
(1) Home furniture including, but not limited to: reclining chairs, non-hospital beds, water beds, lounge beds (such as adjust-a-sleep adjustable bed, craftmatic adjustable bed, electropedic adjustable bed, simmons beautyrest adjustable bed). The bureau or MCO shall reimburse a seat lift mechanism when medically necessary and appropriate for an injured worker who requires a mobility aid to stand from a seated position due to physical limitations that are reasonably related to the industrial injury (allowed conditions). However, the bureau or MCO shall not reimburse the chair (furniture);
(2) A mattress for a non-hospital bed (including, but not limited to: tempur-pedic, angelbed, memory foam mattresses). Reimbursement of a hospital bed mattress is limited to a twin/single size only. The bureau or MCO will not reimburse for a double, queen or king size mattress for the purpose of accommodating two people;
(3) Home exercise equipment, including but not limited to such equipment as treadmills and exercise bikes;
(4) Home whirlpools, including built-in whirlpools and pumps, portable hydrotherapy pools, jacuzzi tubs, portable saunas and spas, non-portable hot tubs or whirlpools, and therasaunas.
(5) Unsupervised physical reconditioning programs, including but not limited to memberships to or services provided at a health club, YMCA, spa or nautilus facility, except when the criteria have been met for an injured worker who is participating in a vocational rehabilitation or remain at work program.
(C) Self-administered sympathetic therapy/interferential therapy.
(D) Prescription smoking deterrent drugs outside an approved smoking cessation program.
(E) Drug screening of injured workers performed by employers or performed in the emergency room at the time of injury at the request of the employer.