Chapter 4141-16 Disclosure of Information
(A) The director shall disclose wage and claim information to authorized requesting agencies, Wage and claim information which is deemed by the requesting agency to be needed in verifying eligibility for, and/or the amount of benefits shall be disclosed pursuant to a written agreement. Standardized formats established by the department of job and family services shall be adhered to by the authorized requesting agencies.
(1) For purposes of this rule, "wage information" means the name, social security number, quarterly wages paid, and weeks worked by individual employees, and the name, address, and state identification number of an employer reporting wages under section 4141.20 of the Revised Code.
(2) For purposes of this rule, "claim information" means information regarding:
(a) Whether an individual is receiving, has received or has applied for unemployment compensation;
(b) The amount of compensation the individual is receiving or entitled to receive;
(c) The individual's home address;
(d) Whether the individual has refused an offer of work and, if so, a description of the job offered including the terms, conditions, and rate of pay;
(e) Any other information contained in the records of the director which is needed by the requesting agency to verify eligibility for, and the amount of, benefits.
(C) All applicants for and recipients of benefits under the programs listed in section 4141.162 of the Revised Code shall be notified at the time of application, and periodically thereafter, that information available through the income and eligibility verification system may be shared with agencies that administer such programs and utilized in establishing or verifying eligibility or benefit amounts.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 4141-16-01
The director shall enter into specific written agreements with the appropriate authorized agencies. The agreements shall include but need not be limited to the following:
(A) The purposes for which requests will be made and the specific information needed;
(B) Identification of all agency officials by position, with authority to request information;
(C) Methods and timing of the requests for information, including the approved format to be used, and the period of time needed to furnish the requested information;
(D) Basis for establishing the reporting periods for which information will be provided;
(E) Provisions for determining appropriate reimbursement from the requesting agency for the costs incurred, including any new developmental costs associated with furnishing data to the requesting agency.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 4141-16-02
(A) The department of job and family services shall require requesting agencies receiving information to comply with the following measures to protect the confidentiality of the information against unauthorized access or disclosure:
(1) The information shall be used only to the extent necessary to assist in the valid administrative needs of the program receiving such information and targeted for use in ways which are most likely to be productive in identifying and preventing ineligibility and incorrect payments. The information shall be disclosed only for those purposes specified in the agreement;
(2) The information shall be stored in a place physically secure from access by unauthorized persons;
(3) Information in electronic format, such as magnetic tapes or discs, shall be stored and processed in such a way that unauthorized persons cannot retrieve the information by means of computer, remote terminal or other means;
(4) Precautions shall be taken to ensure that only authorized personnel are given access to on-line files;
(5) The requesting agency shall instruct all personnel with access to the information regarding the confidential nature of the information, and the sanctions specified in Chapter 4141. of the Revised Code for the unauthorized disclosure of information and any other relevant state statutes;
(6) The head of each requesting agency shall sign an acknowledgment on behalf of the entire agency attesting to the agency's policies and procedures regarding confidentiality.
(B) The requesting agency shall permit the department of job and family services to make onsite inspections to ensure that the requirements of the agreement and Chapter 4141. of the Revised Code are being met.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 4141-16-03