(A) Any interested party notified of a determination of an application for determination of benefit rights or a claim for benefits may, within twenty-one calendar days after the date the notice was sent, appeal the determination in the manner prescribed by section 4141.281 of the Revised Code. An appeal of a determination shall be deemed to be a request for redetermination during the period the director has jurisdiction.
(B) Upon receipt of a request for redetermination/appeal, the director shall issue a redetermination or transfer the request to the commission.
(1) If the director issues a redetermination, it shall void the prior determination. Such redetermination is appealable to the same extent as a determination.
(2) If the director transfers the request for redetermination/appeal to the commission, the commission shall acquire jurisdiction over the appeal as of the date of transfer.
(3) If the director receives a request for redetermination/appeal under this division but fails to issue a redetermination within twenty-one days, the commission shall acquire jurisdiction with respect to the appeal as of the day after the twenty-one day period.
(1) The determination or redetermination under appeal;
(2) All information in the file pertaining to, or upon which, the determination or redetermination was based;
(3) Any information, received by the director prior to the transfer of the request for redetermination/appeal to the commission, that relates to the facts or circumstances upon which the determination or redetermination was based.
Eff 10-1-98; 1-15-01;
Rule promulgated under: RC 119.03 , 4141.14
Rule authorized by: RC 4141.13
Rule amplifies: RC 4141.28 , 4141.281
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/10/2009 and 11/01/2014