(A) The following rules shall govern the Ohio department of job and family services in its administrative cooperation with other states which have adopted a similar regulation for the payment of benefits to interstate claimants.
(B) As used in rules 4141-31-01 to 4141-31-10 of the Administrative Code unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Interstate Benefit Payment Plan" means the plan approved by the "National Association of State Workforce Agencies" under which benefits shall be payable to unemployed individuals absent from the state (or states) in which benefit credits have been accumulated.
(2) "Interstate claimant" means an individual who files an interstate claim for benefits under the unemployment insurance law of a liable state from another state through the facilities of an agent state, or directly with the liable state. The term "interstate claimant" shall not include any individual who customarily commutes across state lines from a residence in one state to work in a liable state unless the Ohio department of job and family services finds that this exclusion would create undue hardship on such claimants in specified areas.
(3) "State" includes the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
(4) "Agent state" means any state from or through which an individual files an interstate claim for benefits against another state.
(5) "Liable state" means any state against which an individual files, from or through another state, an interstate claim for benefits.
(6) "Benefits" means the compensation payable to an individual, with respect to the individual's unemployment, under the unemployment insurance law of any state.
(7) "Week of unemployment" includes any week of unemployment as defined in the law of the liable state from which benefits with respect to such week are claimed.
(C) Interstate benefit rules 4141-31-01 to 4141-31-10 of the Administrative Code shall apply to claims taken in and for Canada.
Eff 1-1-72; 7-3-86;
5-29-90; 12-14-99; 1-15-01; 2-22-04
Rule promulgated under: RC 119.03, 4141.14
Rule authorized by: RC 4141.13
Rule amplifies: RC 4141.42
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/10/2009 and 11/01/2014