(A) Two or more reimbursing employers may file a joint application for the establishment of a group account. Such application may be on a form prescribed by the director or on a form containing the information as required herein. Such application shall include:
(1) Identification of the name and reimbursing account number assigned by the department to each employer desiring to participate in the group;
(2) Identification of the name of the group representative;
(3) Authorization for such group representative to act as the group's agent for the purposes of division (D) of section 4141.241 of the Revised Code:;
(4) Signature of an authorized official of each employer joining in the application;
(5) Signature of the group representative or an authorized official of such representative, accepting such agency; and
(6) The application must be accompanied by a certified copy of the resolution by the board of directors, trustees, or other governing body, however denominated, of each applicant organization, authorizing the filing of the application to become a member of such group and having such authorized representative.
(B) The application may be on one form or on separate forms as long as each applicant identifies its own name and reimbursing account number, satisfies the other requirements hereof, and clearly identifies the group for which application is being made.
(C) After review of the application for group account, the director shall issue a determination establishing the account, or disapproving the application in part or in its entirety. Such determination shall be issued to all employers requesting membership in the group. If established, the determination shall list the members of the group and state the effective date of the group account. If the determination disapproves the application in part, written consent thereafter furnished by all applicants approved for group membership shall be the basis for the director to approve the application, as revised, as that of a group for the members that have been approved and the director shall issue a determination as in the establishment of a group account. Where such written consent is not furnished by each member of the group, the entire application shall be disapproved.
(D) After any such approval, the group representative shall be notified of the establishment of the account, the effective date, and names of the members thereof.
(E) No group account shall become effective until after a surety bond, deposit of approved municipal or other bonds, approved securities, or a combination thereof, or other forms of collateral security approved by the director, equal to the bonding amount, has been furnished.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 09/28/2005 and 01/01/2011
Promulgated Under: 4141.14
Statutory Authority: 4141.13
Rule Amplifies: 4141.24, 4141.241
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/72, 7/3/86, 5/29/90, 6/3/96, 1/15/01