(A) Radiation standards.
(1) Ionizing radiation: Any use of ionizing radiation is to comply with the standards for protection against radiation promulgated by the United States nuclear regulatory commission set forth in 10 C.F.R. 20. For purposes of this section, radiation includes alpha particles, beta particles, gamma rays, xrays, neutrons, high speed electrons, high speed protons, and other atomic particles, but does not include sound or radio waves, visible light, infrared or ultraviolet light.
(2) Nonionizing radiation:
Any use of nonionizing radiation, specifically electromagnetic radiation, is to comply with the recommended standards of the American conference of governmental industrial hygienists.
(B) Traffic control standards.
Any use of traffic control devices by a public employer must comply with the Ohio manual of uniform traffic control devices promulgated by the Ohio department of transportation pursuant to section 4511.09 of the Revised Code.
(C) Bloodborne pathogen standards.
Each public employer of health care workers shall do the following:
(1) Include as a part of the employer's engineering and work practice controls, needleless systems, sharps that are manufactured with engineered sharps injury protection, and other devices that comply with the United States occupational safety and health administration's bloodborne pathogen standards as set forth in 29 C.F.R. 1910.1030 .
(2) Develop and implement a written exposure control plan that is consistent with the employment risk reduction standards for bloodborne pathogens as set forth in rules 4167-3-01 and 4167-3-03 of the Administrative Code, and update such plan at least once a year.
(3) Ensure that all public health care workers are trained in the use of engineering and work practice controls before undertaking any task with potential for exposure incidents.
(4) Maintain accurate records of health care exposure incidents, as required by rule 4167-6-11 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4121.12 , 4121.121 , 4167.02 , 4167.07
Rule Amplifies: 4167.07
Prior Effective Dates: 11/15/96, 2/15/09