(A) As used in and for the purposes of the rules of the liquor control commission:
(1) The term "alcoholic beverage" means any beverage containing one-half of one per cent or more of alcohol by volume.
(2) The word "brand" means a trade name of the manufacturer, supplier, or bottler of an alcoholic beverage, and not the individual product type, kind, or size of the product of the manufacturer, supplier, or bottler.
(3) The word "commission" means the Ohio liquor control commission.
(4) The word "division means the Ohio division of liquor control.
(5) The term "home use" means the purchase of alcoholic beverages by a non-liquor permit holder from manufacturers or wholesale distributors under class A-1, A-2, B-1, B-2, B-4, or B-5 liquor permits, which are to be consumed at a non-liquor permit premises. In a "home use" purchase, the alcoholic beverages are not to be re-sold to guests or invitees, whether by the individual drink or container, or by the inclusion of the purchase price in an admission fee or other fee or charge.
(6) The word "quota" as used in this chapter and when used in reference to permits issued by the division means the maximum number of permits that may be issued by the division within the limitations imposed by statutes, laws, and rules.
(7) The word "renewal" means re-issuance of a liquor permit of the same class to the same permit holder at the same location upon the expiration of an existing permit.
(8) The term "state gallonage tax" means the sum required by section 4301.12 of the Revised Code to be paid into the state treasury.
(9) The term "wine case" when used in conjunction with retail wine sales means a container, holding the number of bottles prescribed by the manufacturer of the wine, of the same size and containing either the same or different types and kinds of wine.
(B) As used in this chapter, all words and phrases defined in section 4301.01 of the Revised Code shall have the same meaning as defined therein.
(C) Gallons, ounces, and container sizes shall have the same meaning, application, and effect as the nearest metric equivalent unit, as set forth in the rules of the commission and as adopted by the United States department of the treasury.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4301.03(B)
Rule Amplifies: 4301.03 , 4301.01 , 4301.12
Prior Effective Dates: 7/5/50; 8/1/81; 4/15/88; 9/1/97; 8/9/00