(A) The purpose of this rule is to set forth the location at which, and the manner in which, documents relating to the electronic title application and supporting documents are to be stored when an electronic motor vehicle dealer files the application for a certificate of title on behalf of the purchaser.
(1) Electronic motor vehicle dealer - means a motor vehicle dealer that has been designated as an electronic motor vehicle dealer by the registrar of motor vehicles as set forth in section 4503.035 of the Revised Code.
(2) Electronic record - means the electronically stored application for certificate of title and all supporting evidence submitted to the clerk from which a title may be issued.
(1) When a purchaser buys a motor vehicle from an electronic dealer, the dealer shall convert the application for certificate of title and all supporting evidence submitted to the clerk from which a title may be issued to an electronic record.
(2) The dealer shall send the electronic record to a clerk of courts.
(3) The clerk of courts shall check the electronic record and, if the record appears to be in the proper form, shall issue an electronic certificate of title over the clerk's signature and seal with the clerk's seal unless the applicant specifically requests the clerk to issue a physical certificate of title instead of an electronic certificate of title.
(D) Retention of documents
(1) The electronic motor vehicle dealer shall retain all documents from which the electronic record was created in a secure location for a period of five years.
(2) The electronic motor vehicle dealer shall make all documents from which the electronic record was created available immediately upon a reasonable request of the registrar or the registrar's designee.
(3) The electronic motor vehicle dealer shall store all documents in a manner and location that ensures that the documents are secure and that confidentiality is maintained.