(A) The registrar of motor vehicles shall prescribe a power of attorney form to permit an agent of a licensed motor vehicle dealer to apply for the issuance of a certificate of title.
(B) The power of attorney shall be in the form of a notarized affidavit and shall contain the following information:
(1) The full name of the licensed motor vehicle dealer;
(2) The business address of the licensed motor vehicle dealer;
(3) The full name of the motor vehicle dealer's agent;
(4) The agent's personal state driver's license number or state identification card number and state of issuance, or the agent's social security number;
(5) The year, make, and vehicle identification number of the vehicle for which the certificate of title is being issued;
(6) Any other information the registrar deems appropriate.
(C) The agent for the licensed motor vehicle dealer shall present the following:
(1) A fully completed power of attorney form that complies with the requirements of this rule and is executed by the licensed motor vehicle dealer;
(2) Acceptable proof of the agent's identity in the form of a state driver's license, state identification card, or other form of identification deemed acceptable by the registrar.
(D) The registrar may prescribe a warning to be included on the power of attorney form that informs the licensed motor vehicle dealer and agent that making a false statement on the power of attorney form may constitute a violation of section 2921.13 of the Revised Code and be punishable under that section.
(E) The clerk of a court of common pleas may issue a certificate of title if the licensed motor vehicle dealer and agent comply with the provisions of this rule and any other applicable requirements for the issuance of a certificate of title.