(A) The LEADS steering committee is established to provide advice to the superintendent of the Ohio state highway patrol concerning the governing of LEADS. The committee is composed of nine members who shall represent the following organizations:
(1) Ohio state highway patrol;
(2) Buckeye state sheriff's association;
(3) Ohio association of chiefs of police;
(4) Bureau of criminal identification and investigation;
(5) Intrastate regional systems;
(6) Police department representing smaller police departments;
(7) Municipal police department representing larger police departments;
(8) County sheriff's office representing metropolitan area sheriff's offices; and
(9) The chief justice of the Ohio supreme court or his/her designee representing courts.
(B) The LEADS steering committee's duties include providing recommendations for rules, reviewing violations of these rules to ensure equal and just sanctions have been invoked; recommending enhancements to the system; recommending user fees and other duties as assigned by the superintendent.
(C) Any person substituting for an appointed LEADS steering committee member shall have the authority to contribute and enter into discussion regarding issue(s) before the committee; however, the person shall not have authority to vote on any issue before the committee.
(D) LEADS operators, supervisors and/or agency administrators shall cooperate with any efforts of the LEADS steering committee, the superintendent of the highway patrol or persons authorized to act in their name, in actions/directives/orders, administrative reviews or other efforts to improve the system.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/17/2013 and 12/26/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: R.C. 5503.10
Rule Amplifies: R.C. 5503.10
Prior Effective Dates: 10/10/91, 4/11/94, 9/29/94, 10/21/95, 5/27/96, 7/31/98, 02/15/08