(A) Care of equipment
(1) A member shall be responsible and accountable for any equipment assigned or placed under his/her control.
(2) A member shall not intentionally or negligently damage, abuse or misuse any equipment.
(3) A member shall keep all assigned equipment in good condition and ready for immediate use.
(4) A member shall not modify or alter any division equipment nor install any accessories on said equipment without authorization from a supervisor.
(5) A member shall immediately report any damage or loss of division equipment to a supervisor.
(B) Use of equipment
(1) A member shall not use division equipment or facilities except in the performance of official duties.
(2) A member shall not permit persons to enter or be transported in division motor equipment unless it is part of his/her official duties or when directed to do so by a supervisor.
(3) A member shall not permit any person to use or operate division equipment unless:
(a) It is necessary during an emergency condition, or
(b) The member has been authorized to do so by a supervisor, or
(c) It is a necessary part of authorized repairs or maintenance.
(4) A member shall, while on duty, carry the division issued firearm for which proficiency has been established in accordance with division directives.
(5) A member, while on duty, may carry a second handgun in accordance with division directives.
(6) A member, while on duty, shall not carry or use any unauthorized equipment without the prior approval of the superintendent.
(C) Wearing the uniform
(1) A member shall wear all uniform equipment according to the directives established by the superintendent.
(2) A member shall not wear any unauthorized equipment without prior supervisory approval.
(3) A member shall not wear any uniform equipment to any personal or private activity unless authorized to do so by a supervisor.
(D) Motor vehicle and aircraft operation
(1) A member shall operate all division motor vehicles and aircraft in accordance with all applicable laws and directives. A member shall operate motor vehicles and aircraft in a careful and prudent manner.