Chapter 4501:6-3 Grant Award From Drug Law Enforcement Fund
As used in Chapter 4501:6-3 of the Administrative Code:
(A) Drug task force - means a drug task force organized in any county by the sheriff of the county, the prosecuting attorney of the county, the chief of police of the organized police department of any municipal corporation or township in the county, and the chief of police of the police force of any township police district or joint township police district in the county to perform functions related to the enforcement of state drug laws and other state laws related to illegal drug activity.
(B) Eligible applicant - the following entities may apply for a grant award from the drug law enforcement fund: county, municipal corporation, township, township police district, and joint township police districts. These entities may only apply for a grant award from the drug law enforcement fund if they meet the following criteria:
(1) The amount of money desired is specified in the application and does not exceed two hundred fifty thousand dollars in any calendar year; and
(2) Evidence is provided that the drug task force will receive a local funding match of at least twenty-five per cent of the task force's projected operating costs in the time period covered by the grant; and
(3) The grant award amount will only be given to a drug task force whose implementing agency participates in OIBRS or in the uniform crime reporting program of the federal bureau of investigation as set forth in division (C)(6) of section 5502.62 of the Revised Code; and
(4) The grant award amount will be given to a drug task force that received funding through the division of criminal justice services in calendar year 2007 as set forth in this rule; or
(5) The grant award amount will be utilized by a drug task force in a county that has a population exceeding seven hundred fifty thousand; or
(6) The grant award amount will be utilized by a drug task force that is not in existence on the date of application; or
(7) The drug task force is in existence on the date of application but did not receive funding through the division of criminal justice services in 2007 or the county within which the taskforce is located does not have a population exceeding seven hundred fifty thousand.
(C) Drug task forces that received funding in calendar year 2007 - are limited to the following list of drug task forces: "West Central Ohio Crime Task Force, Grand Lake Task Force, SEAL NARCOTICS TASK FORCE, S.E.N.T. Task Force, Northern Ohio Law Enforcement Task Force, WEB Narc/Vice/Pharm.Div Task Force, METRICH Enforcement Unit, Mahoning Valley Task Force, Clermont County Drug Unit, Columbiana County Drug Task Force, Summit County Drug Unit, Multi-Area Narcotics Unit, L.E.A.P. Ahead, Fairfield-Hocking Major Crimes Unit, Greene County ACE Task Force, Lake County Diversion, Lawrence Drug Major Crimes Task Force, Central Ohio Drug Enforcement Task Force, LAW ENFORCEMENT TASK FORCE GRANT, Medina County Drug Task Force Expansion, Ottawa County Regional Task Force, U.S. 23 Pipeline Task Force, DART Drug Abuse Reduction Task Force, Stark County Metropolitan Narcotics, TAG Law Enforcement Task Force, Greater Warren County Drug Task Force, Narcotic Task Force."
(D) Calendar year - will begin as of the date set forth in the request for proposal.
(E) Population of over seven hundred fifty thousand - means a population as determined by the most recent United States census bureau.
(F) Award amount - will be determined in a manner consistent with the priorities set forth in section 5502.68 of the Revised Code, but in any event the amount will not exceed two hundred fifty thousand dollars per drug task force.