Chapter 4501-30 Inspection of Under-speed Vehicles or Utility Vehicles, or a Mini Truck
(A) All local law enforcement agencies engaging in inspections of under-speed vehicles or utility vehicles, or a mini truck, shall have all the proper tools and equipment to test each vehicle to determine if they are unsafe, if its equipment is not in proper adjustment or repair, or in violation of the equipment provisions in this chapter of the Administrative Code.
(B) Any under-speed vehicle, as defined in section 4501.01 of the Revised Code, that has a gross vehicle weight rating more than three thousand pounds must be inspected as set forth in section 4513.02 of the Revised Code.
(C) Any mini truck, as defined in section 4501.01 of the Revised Code, that has a total dry weight of more than two thousand two hundred pounds must be inspected as set forth in section 4513.02 of the Revised Code.
(A) In order to operate an under-speed vehicle or utility vehicle, or a mini truck on public streets or highways, the vehicle must include the following equipment:
(1) Adequate brakes and braking system;
(2) Equipped with properly working brake lights, head lights, tail lights, and warning devices, also known as turn signals;
(3) A properly working steering mechanism;
(4) A windshield to prohibit injury from any debris from the roadway;
(5) A rear view mirror to reflect the operator a view of the public street or highway to the rear; and
(6) Appropriate tires that are free of major bumps, bulges, breaks, or any condition that would be cause for unsafe conditions.
(B) Any vehicle that does not comply with the requirements of this chapter of the Administrative Code and sections 4511.214 and 4511.215 of the Revised Code, shall not be permitted to operate on the public streets or highways.
(C) Any vehicle that has complied with the requirements of this chapter of the Administrative Code and sections 4511.214 and 4511.215 of the Revised Code, are required to submit evidence of an approved inspection from local law enforcement with the application of certificate of title to the clerk of courts.