(A) All skills tests conducted by third-party testers shall be performed strictly in accordance with the requirements of the department as presented in this chapter, the third-party tester agreement, and any current test instructions provided by the department. Such instructions may include information on skills test content, route selection or revision, test forms, examiner procedures and administrative procedures and/or changes.
(B) Skills tests shall be conducted:
(1) On test routes approved by the department.
(2) In a vehicle that is representative of the class and type of vehicle for which the commercial driver's license applicant seeks to be licensed and for which the third-party examiner is qualified to test.
(3) Using forms, scoring, and test content as provided or authorized by the department.
(C) Each third-party examiner certified to conduct CDL skills testing is required to conduct a minimum of thirty-two complete CDL skills tests per year as required in this paragraph. The following bi-annual requirements apply:
(1) Each examiner shall conduct a minimum of sixteen pre-trip tests, sixteen off-road skills tests, and sixteen road tests from the period of January first to June thirtieth.
(2) Each examiner shall conduct a minimum of sixteen pre-trip tests, sixteen off-road skills tests, and sixteen road tests from the period of July first to December thirty-first.
(D) Should any third-party examiner fail to conduct the minimum number of required tests during any period, the examiner will be ineligible to conduct further testing until he or she has been evaluated by an Ohio state highway patrol examiner and approved by the department to resume testing.
(E) The third-party facility manager shall be responsible for ensuring that any examiner employed by the third-party tester adheres to these requirements. The facility manager shall notify the department immediately if any examiner fails to meet the minimum number of required tests and shall prohibit that examiner from further testing until that examiner has been evaluated and approved by the department.