[Comment: For dates and availability of material incorporated by reference in this rule, see rule 4501-53-16 of the Administrative Code.]
(A) A private provider shall maintain financial responsibility for the operation of all motorcycles provided for instruction as specified in Chapter 4508. of the Revised Code. Such insurance coverage shall be acquired from a company licensed to do business in this state, and shall be maintained as long as the approved provider is operating a motorcycle training course. Proof of the insurance coverage required by this rule shall be maintained in the private provider's office and with all motorcycles used for instruction, and the certificate of insurance shall be available for inspection during reasonable hours.
(B) Each private provider shall maintain insurance coverage as follows:
(1) Not less than one million dollars per occurrence and two million dollars aggregate for bodily injury or property damage;
(2) Medical coverage in the amount of ten thousand dollars for each individual injured. Such medical coverage is available on an excess basis to students injured on the range or in the classroom as a result of training. Students who are injured without their own medical coverage will have coverage from the first dollar;
(3) The private provider and the state of Ohio shall each be named as an additional insured on all such policies;
(4) Each student, or the student's parent or legal guardian if the student is a minor, shall sign a waiver and release form;
(5) Educators professional liability insurance in the amount of one million dollars.
(C) Failure to maintain the required insurance coverage, including the record of current coverage as required by this rule, may result in the suspension or revocation of a private provider certification of approval issued under this chapter.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 02/08/2016 and 04/15/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4508.08
Rule Amplifies: 4508.08
Prior Effective Dates: 4/21/11 (Emer.), 12/26/03, 2/2/06