(A) All course participants are required to pass a written examination administered by the course director. The examination shall consist of not less than twenty-five questions and shall have a mixture of true/false and multiple choice questions. A score of not less than seventy-five per cent is required for satisfactory completion of the written examination
(B) All course participants are required to pass a practical examination administered by the course director.
(C) The course director may offer one of the following options for completion of the practical examination:
(1) On road practical examination - The course instructor shall ride with the student in a motor vehicle on the public roadways through a course that meets the requirements established in rule 4501-54-05 of the Administrative Code and this rule for the practical course.
(2) Off road practical examination - The course instructor shall take a position on the off-road practical course that allows him to observe the student's actual operation of a motor vehicle through the course. The off road practical examination shall meet the requirements established in rule 4501-54-05 of the Administrative Code and this rule.
(D) Evaluation of the practical examination shall be based on the following criteria:
(1) Did the student drive within marked lanes?
(2) Did the student stay in the appropriate lanes when turning?
(3) Did the student exercise the proper use of turn signals?
(4) Did the student maintain the proper stopping distances at intersections?
(5) Did the student exercise vigilance for other traffic?
(6) Did the student wear a seat belt?
(E) The student shall meet all the criteria established in rule 4501-54-05 of the Administrative Code and this rule in demonstrating the ability to exercise ordinary and reasonable control in the operation of a motor vehicle for purposes of the practical examination.