(A) A signed written agreement shall be established between the student and the student's parent or legal guardian and the driver training enterprise prior to the start of any training. Verbal agreements are prohibited. A signed copy of the written agreement shall be maintained in the school office files for a period of three years.
(B) All written agreements shall contain the following:
(1) The full address where the classroom instruction will be given.
(2) The student's date of birth if the student is a beginning driver under the age of eighteen.
(3) All charges for the training course stated clearly.
(4) A statement whether the use of an enterprise-owned vehicle for the license examination is included in the charges, and if not included, any additional charge for this service.
(5) The number of classroom hours to be provided. If the student entering the agreement is a beginning driver and less than eighteen years old, the enterprise shall agree to provide at least twenty-four hours of classroom instruction based on the "Ohio Driver Training Curriculum" prepared August, 2002.
(6) The number of behind-the-wheel instruction hours to be provided. If the student entering the agreement is a beginning driver less than eighteen years old, the enterprise shall agree to provide at least eight hours of behind-the-wheel instruction based on the "Ohio Driver Training Curriculum" prepared August, 2002.
(7) The signature of an authorizing official, training manager, or instructor and the date such signature was made.
(8) The signature of the student and for a student under eighteen years old, the signature of the student's parent or legal guardian, and the date each signature was obtained.
(9) A declaration of the date by which the complete program of training will be made available to the student. This date shall be no more than six months from the date the driver training begins.
(10) The statement, "Driver training schools are licensed by the Department of Public Safety through the Ohio Traffic Safety Office, 1970 West Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43223."
(11) A declaration of the conditions under which refunds may be made. If refunds are not made, the agreement shall clearly state that the enterprise makes no refunds.
(C) A declaration of conditions under which a student may be denied training may be included in the training agreement.
(D) A signed copy of the agreement shall be given to the student, or to a parent or legal guardian if the student is under the age of eighteen, on the day that it is executed.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/03/2009 and 10/08/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4508.02
Rule Amplifies: 4508.02, 4508.03
Prior Effective Dates: 1/7/67, 8/25/78, 11/23/78, 12/1/80, 2/29/88, 9/4/91 (Emer.), 12/21/91, 7/1/97, 10/4/01, 1/8/04