(A) A written agreement shall be established between the student and the driver training enterprise prior to the start of any training. Verbal agreements are prohibited. A signed copy of the written agreement shall be maintained in the school office files for a period of three years.
(B) All written agreements shall contain the following:
(1) The full address where the classroom instruction will be given.
(2) All charges for the training course stated clearly.
(3) A statement as to whether the use of an enterprise-owned vehicle for the license examination is included in the charges, and if not included, any additional charge for this service.
(4) The number of classroom instruction hours to be provided.
(5) The number of behind-the-wheel instruction hours to be provided.
(6) The signature of an authorizing official, training manager, or instructor and the date such signature was made.
(7) The signature of the student and the date each signature was made.
(8) A declaration of the date by which the complete program of training will be made available to the student. This date shall be no more that two hundred seventy days from the date the driver training begins.
(9) The statement, "Driver training schools are licensed by the Department of Public Safety through the Ohio Traffic Safety Office, 1970 West Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43223."
(10) A declaration of the conditions under which refunds may be made. If refunds are not made, the agreement shall clearly state that the enterprise makes no refunds.
(C) A declaration of conditions under which a student may be denied training may be included in the training agreement.
(D) A signed copy of the agreement shall be given to the student on the day it is executed.
Replaces: rule 4501-7-12
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/08/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4508.02
Rule Amplifies: 4508.02
Prior Effective Dates: 1/7/67, 8/25/78, 11/23/78, 12/1/80, 2/29/88, 9/4/91 (Emer.), 12/21/91, 7/1/97, 10/4/01, 1/8/04