(A) Each driver training enterprise offering the abbreviated adult driver training course shall maintain an established place of business that is owned and operated by that enterprise. A copy of the deed, lease, or rental agreement for the property used as the established place of business shall be kept on file with the enterprise records.
(1) Except for an online school, each driver training enterprise offering an abbreviated adult driver training course shall maintain at least one fixed geographical location at which a school is operated and at least one classroom where training is conducted.
(a) Any facility used for an abbreviated adult driver training course shall be inspected and approved prior to its use as a school.
(b) The use of a mobile or modular structure as an abbreviated adult driver training school shall be prohibited unless the structure is installed on a permanent foundation.
(c) The place of business shall only be occupied by the abbreviated adult driver training school during times of classroom instruction.
(2) Except for an online school, an abbreviated adult driver training school shall maintain a classroom that:
(a) Will comfortably sit at least ten students and an instructor, and have sufficient space to contain tables and chairs or desks for all students;
(b) Is equipped with a variety of audio and/or visual training aids that support the course curriculum;
(c) Is free of visible and audible distractions and shall present an atmosphere adequate for learning;
(d) Has a clean and functional restroom that is available for student use within the facility; and
(e) Conforms to all federal, state and local fire, building and safety regulations.
(3) The enterprise shall also maintain at least one office in a fixed geographical location where records are kept.
(a) The office of a driver training enterprise shall have access to a computer, printer, e-mail and the internet. It shall have space adequate to maintain those records required to be kept. A driver training enterprise shall have sufficient space to interview clients and to display the school license.
(b) If the office of the driver training enterprise and the classroom of the adult driver training school are located in the same facility, there shall be a permanent wall that sufficiently prevents distractions and noise in the classroom. If no permanent wall exists, the office shall remain closed during classroom instruction.
(c) The office shall be located in the same county as, or in a county adjacent to the school, for which students' paper records are being stored.
(4) Each driver training enterprise providing an online abbreviated adult course shall maintain at least one office at a fixed geographic location where records are kept. The office of an enterprise providing an online abbreviated adult course shall:
(a) Have a person available for technical support during reasonable hours, which must be posted on the online driver education program website;
(b) Have an online instructor available for curriculum content support during reasonable hours, which must be posted on the online driver education program website.
(5) Neither the office of an online abbreviated adult course nor the office and abbreviated adult driver training school shall consist of a house, trailer, tent, temporary stand, post office box, rooming house or apartment. Neither the office of an online abbreviated adult course nor the office and adult driver training school shall be located within a residence or a room in a hotel or motel. No driver training enterprise may share any office or any classroom with any other driver training enterprise unless the same person owns both enterprises.
(B) The driver training enterprise shall operate in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws.