(A) Each insurer writing motor vehicle liability insurance in this state shall provide financial responsibility identification cards to every policyholder in this state to whom it delivers or issues for delivery a motor vehicle liability insurance policy. A minimum of one financial responsibility identification card shall be issued for every motor vehicle insured under a motor vehicle liability insurance policy.
(B) A financial responsibility identification card shall be valid only for the policy period. The card shall disclose the policy period and shall:
(1) Bear the inscription, "Financial Responsibility Identification Card" or "Insurance Identification Card" or other inscription reasonably calculated to evidence motor vehicle liability insurance coverage;
(2) Be provided with every new policy and every policy renewal;
(3) Be printed on paper stock or a plastic material , or be delivered in electronic form;
(4) Contain the description of the insured motor vehicle, including year, make, model, and vehicle identification number. If there are five or more vehicles covered by the same policy, the word "Fleet" may be used instead of the vehicle description;
(5) Contain the effective date and expiration date of the policy of insurance. New cards shall be issued at the issuance or renewal of every policy; stickers or decals shall not be used to change the coverage dates on any card;
(6) Contain the policyholder's name as it appears on the policy; and
(7) Contain the name of the issuing company and the policy number.
(C) Financial responsibility identification cards may also contain the issuing company's logo and any additional appropriate information reasonably included by the insurer. The registrar may direct an insurer to delete any additional information the registrar determines to be inappropriate and shall give the insurer a reasonable time to comply. If the insurer fails to comply, the registrar may direct that the card shall not be accepted as proof of financial responsibility in this state.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/31/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: R.C. 4501.02 , 4509.101 and R.C. 4509.103
Rule Amplifies: R.C. 4509.103 and R.C. 4509.45
Prior Effective Dates: 4/20/1995, 3/22/2010