(A) A motor vehicle dealer, a motor vehicle auction owner and a motor vehicle distributor shall maintain the following records of all motor vehicles purchased, leased and sold:
(1) Name and address of the previous owner;
(2) Serial number (vehicle identification number);
(3) Title number, county and state;
(4) Year and make of said vehicle;
(5) A purchase agreement for each vehicle sold, which shall include a description of the vehicle, the name and address of the purchaser, the sales price, the odometer reading and may include the dealer's permit number;
(6) Lease contracts and security agreements;
(7) Odometer disclosure statement for each vehicle;
(8) A record of temporary tags sold on each vehicle
(B) Records must be maintained and easily accessible for a period of three years by those holding a license granted under Chapter 4517. of the Revised Code and by any person who held a license and has since gone out of business.
(C) The business records shall be open for reasonable inspection by the registrar or his authorized agent.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/02/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: R.C. 4501.02 , 4517.32
Rule Amplifies: R.C. 4517.04 , 4517.05 , 4517.06 , 4517.07 , 4517.08
Prior Effective Dates: 8/3/78, 12/8/86, 4/20/96, 5/9/98, 7/1/09