(A) Deputy registrars shall be granted the authority to charge vehicle registration convenience fees, as approved by the registrar of motor vehicles.
(B) The following guidelines shall be followed when determining fees incurred by customers for conveniences provided by bureau of motor vehicle (BMV) kiosks.
(1) Convenience fees shall be the total amount of required vendor fees associated with kiosk operations;
(2) Kiosk convenience fees shall not exceed operating costs charged by the BMV kiosk vendor;
(3) Customers shall pay established convenience fees in addition to all applicable deputy registrar fees, vehicle registration fees, and taxes;
(C) Deputy registrars may offer optional services to customers designed to enhance customer convenience related to vehicle registration, and may charge customers opting for the convenience service a fee in accordance with the following requirements:
(1) Written authorization must be obtained from the registrar of motor vehicles prior to offering additional services enhancing the convenience of vehicle registration transactions.
(2) Monetary amounts to be charged for proposed services must be included with requests to the registrar of motor vehicles.
(3) Additional written authorization must be obtained for any changes to previously approved vehicle registration convenience services.
(4) All approved services offered at an additional cost to the customer, for convenience purposes, must adhere to the following:
(a) Services offered and associated costs must be posted on display in plain view for customers;
(b) Verbally conveyed to customers prior to completion of transaction; and
(c) Applied only to vehicle registration transactions where convenience services are offered and implemented.
(5) Deputy registrars and their employees are prohibited from pressuring customers to accept any services or pay any additional fees set forth in this rule.