[Materials incorporated by reference available at www.ohioresponds.gov]
(A) To be registered as a volunteer under section 5502.281 of the Revised Code, an individual must:
(1) Be no less than eighteen years of age;
(2) Complete the "Volunteer Application" (2017); and
(3) Be willing to submit to a comprehensive background check administered by the Ohio bureau of criminal investigation or other designated agency;
(a) Background checks will be at the discretion of the affiliated registered volunteer organization;
(b) During a response incident, a local government authority may also request a background check.
(B) Removal of registered volunteer status. A volunteer shall lose their registered volunteer status if:
(1) The status was obtained through false or deceitful information;
(2) The registered volunteer engages in conduct detrimental to the goals and/ or missions of the recognized volunteer organization, or conduct that is inconsistent with an emergency and/or disaster-related exercises, testing, or other training activities; or
(3) The registered volunteer fails to maintain compliance with any of the requirements under paragraph (A) of this rule.