(A) Each landscape architect shall be authorized to use a seal as hereinafter directed in paragraphs (B) and (C) of this rule on all documents prepared by the landscape architect or under the landscape architect's direct supervision for use in the state of Ohio, for the purpose of properly imprinting the drawings, specifications, and other contract documents as required by section 4703.32 of the Revised Code. The seal shall be circular in shape and two inches in diameter. Concentric with the outside of the seal there shall be a circle one and three eighths inches in diameter. In the annular space between the circle and the outside of the seal shall be the words "state of Ohio" at the top and "landscape architect" at the bottom. The name of the landscape architect and the landscape architect's registration number shall be placed horizontally within the inner circle. The seal shall be either an individual embossing seal, rubber stamp seal, electronically generated seal or other reproducible facsimile.
(B) The application of the seal over an ink or electronic signature to the first sheet of bound sets of drawings (with index of drawings included), title page of specifications and to other drawings and contract documents shall constitute the landscape architect stamp as referred to in division (D) of section 4703.32 of the Revised Code.
The term signature as used herein shall mean a handwritten identification containing the name of the person who applied it; or for electronic or digital documents shall mean an electronic authentication process attached to or logically associated with the document. The digital signature must be unique to, and under the sole control of the person using it; it must also be capable of verification and linked to a document in such a manner that the digital signature is invalidated if any data on the document is altered.
(C) An electronic seal and signature are permitted to be used in lieu of an original seal and signature when the following criteria, and all other requirements of this rule are met:
(1) It is a unique identification of the professional;
(2) It is verifiable;
(3) It is under the professional's direct and sole control;
(4) It is linked to a document in such a manner that changes are readily determined and visually displayed if any data contained in the document file was changed subsequent to the electronic seal and signature having been affixed to the document, and
(5) Changes to the document after affixing the electronic seal and signature shall cause the electronic seal and signature to be removed or altered in such a way as to invalidate the electronic seal and signature.
(6) In addition, once the electronic seal and signature is applied to the document , the document shall be available in a view only format if the document is to be electronically transmitted;
(7) The graphic image of the electronic seal and signature shall be readily available and produced in a manner acceptable to the board. It shall contain the same words as and shall have substantially the same graphic appearance and size as required above when the image of the electronically transmitted document is viewed at the same size as the document in its original form.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4703.02
Rule Amplifies: 4703.12
Prior Effective Dates: 3/19/74, 11/4/77, 6/25/03, 6/25/90, 4/15/92, 11/1/94, 7/30/99, 7/29/05, 07/01/2012