(A) The "Architect Registration Examination"
(1) All applicants qualifying under section 4703.07 of the Revised Code in accordance with rules 4703-2-02 , 4703-2-03 and 4703-2-04 of the Administrative Code and as required under section 4703.08 of the Revised Code shall pass the "Architect Registration Examination" as hereinafter required.
(2) The "Architect Registration Examination" shall be a single examination comprised of multiple divisions as determined by the board which shall be taken and passed by all candidates for registration by examination.
(3) The scope of the "Architect Registration Examination" shall be such as to determine the qualifications of the candidate to practice architecture and shall be based on the knowledge and skills required to provide architectural services. The examination shall be of such duration to adequately test for such knowledge, skills and services in such technical, professional and practical subjects essential to the practice of architecture and in the basic arts and sciences, a knowledge of which is material and necessary to the proper understanding, application and qualification for the practice of the profession of architecture.
(4) The "Architect Registration Examination" shall be conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the board or its designee.
(5) All divisions of the examination shall be graded as "pass" or "fail."
(6) Each division of the "Architect Registration Examination" stands alone and shall be passed singularly and independently of other divisions of the examination. If the candidate fails any division of the examination, the candidate will be required to retake only the divisions failed.
(7) Each applicant for initial licensure by examination shall submit written proof satisfactory to the board that he or she has successfully passed the A.R.E in accordance with the NCARB pass/fail standards current at the time the applicant took the A.R.E, all as accepted by the board from time to time.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 09/12/2014 and 10/31/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4703.02
Rule Amplifies: 4703.07 , 4703.08 , 4703.09 , 4703.16
Prior Effective Dates: 3/15/74, 11/4/77, 2/27/81, 12/1/82, 6/25/90, 11/1/94, 12/15/96, 7/29/05, 9/5/08, 11/09/2009