(A) The "Architect Registration Examination"
(1) All applicants qualifying under section 4703.07 of the Revised Code in accordance with rules 4703-2-02, 4703-2-03 and 4703-2-04 of the Administrative Code and as required under section 4703.08 of the Revised Code shall pass the "Architect Registration Examination" as hereinafter required.
(2) The "Architect Registration Examination" shall be a single examination comprised of multiple divisions as determined by the board which shall be taken and passed by all candidates for registration by examination.
(3) The scope of the "Architect Registration Examination" shall be such as to determine the qualifications of the candidate to practice architecture and shall be based on the knowledge and skills required to provide architectural services. The examination shall be of such duration to adequately test for such knowledge, skills and services in such technical, professional and practical subjects essential to the practice of architecture and in the basic arts and sciences, a knowledge of which is material and necessary to the proper understanding, application and qualification for the practice of the profession of architecture.
(4) The "Architect Registration Examination" shall be conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the board or its designee.
(5) All divisions of the examination shall be graded as "pass" or "fail".
(6) Each division of the "Architect Registration Examination" stands alone and shall be passed singularly and independently of other divisions of the examination. If the candidate fails any division of the examination, the candidate will be required to retake only the divisions failed.
(B) Retaking the "Architect Registration Examination." Each candidate may retake failed divisions of the examination an unlimited number of times. No failed division may be retaken within any six-month period. No failed division may be reviewed or appealed.
(C) Five year rolling clock
Applicants who have passed all divisions of the "Architect Registration Exam" by January 1, 2006, regardless of the time taken, will have passed the examination. Applicants who have passed one or more but not all divisions of the "Architect Registration Exam" by January 1, 2006, will have five years to pass all remaining divisions. A passing grade for any remaining division shall be valid for five years, after which time the division must be retaken if the remaining divisions have not been passed.
The five-year period shall commence after January 1, 2006, on the date when the first remaining division is passed. Any division passed prior to January 1, 2006 shall not remain valid if all remaining divisions have not been passed by July 1, 2014.
Effective January 1, 2011 and thereafter, the authorization to test of any applicant shall terminate unless the applicant has passed or failed a division of the "Architect Registration Exam" within a period of five years. This includes the five-year period prior to January 1, 2011. Any applicant whose authorization is so terminated must establish a new eligibility under the current eligibility requirements of the board.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 08/13/2009 and 10/31/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4703.02
Rule Amplifies: 4703.07, 4703.08, 4703.09, 4703.16
Prior Effective Dates: 3/15/74, 11/4/77, 2/27/81, 12/1/82, 6/25/90, 11/1/94, 12/15/96, 7/29/05, 9/5/08